Children’s Garden Project of Elwood
Mission & Purpose
The Children’s Garden Project, founded in 1997, in cooperation with the Village of Elwood, Elwood School District and Jackson Township provides an enlightening and educational experience for the young and the young at heart who enjoy nature and gardening. The garden is dedicated to enrich the minds, hands and hearts of all who share a common bond with nature. Our Garden offers daily exploration that invites play and interaction with the natural environment.
Please respect our community garden when visiting and observe the following guidelines:
- Parents/Grown-ups please stay with children at all times.
- The Garden picnic area is available for groups smaller than 10. All others call the village to reserve Lloyd Erickson Park Pavilion at 815-423-5011.
- Stay on paths to protect the plant life.
- Pets, bicycles, skateboards, smoking and alcohol are not permitted in the garden.
- Flowers and vegetables are for display purposes only.
- Clean-up areas after use.
- Bathrooms at Llyod Erickson Park will only be open from 7am to 3pm.
STARTING AUGUST 1, 2017 THE CHILDREN'S GARDEN WILL BE CLOSED EVERY TUESDAY UNTIL NOON FOR WEEKLY MAINTENANCE.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!
Purchase cookbooks, on sale for $10 each, available at Elwood Village Hall.
The special moments in life can be commemorated by a walk through the Elwood Children’s Garden Project. That first Mother’s Day, Dad’s 50th Birthday, your wedding day, and so many more events can be engraved into a brick to remember forever. Your brick will be a personal contribution to the garden that your family can reminisce over as they enjoy their visit to the Elwood Children’s Garden. Bricks cost $100 each.
Please complete the Buy-a-Brick Form, and send a check and order from to:
Village of Elwood
RE: Brick Order
401 E Mississippi Avenue
Elwood, IL 60421