Planning & Zoning Commission
- 7:00 PM
- 4th Tuesday of Every Month
- Village Hall
401 E Mississippi Avenue
Elwood, IL 60421
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Planning & Zoning Commission Members
- Greg Hickey - Chairman
- Jake Fanning - Commissioner
- Doug Vaughn - Commissioner
- Joe Meyers - Commissioner
- John Brach - Commissioner
- Ray Galuszka - Commissioner
The powers and duties of the Plan Commission shall include the following Zoning Ordinance 656:
- Prepare and recommend to the Village Board a comprehensive plan for the present and future development of the Village.
- Recommend to the Village Board ordinances to implement the comprehensive plan.
- Recommend to the Village Board from time to time changes in the official comprehensive plan
- Prepare and recommend to the Village Board from time to time plans for specific improvements in accord with the official comprehensive plan.
- Give aid to the Village Officials charged with the direction of projects for improvements embraced within the comprehensive plan, to further the making of the projects, and generally, to promote the realization of the official comprehensive plan.
- Establish reasonable requirements governing the location, width, course and surfacing of public streets and highways, alleys, ways for public service facilities, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, street lights, parks, playgrounds, school grounds, size of lots to be used for residential purposes, storm water drainage, water supply and distribution, sanitary sewers and sewage collection and treatment.
- Hold hearings on petitions for reclassification of zoning districts and for amendments to the Village Board.
- Make recommendations to the Village Board for the subdivision and site plans for development and make recommendations to the Village Board on such plans and site plans.
- Review all annexation and disconnection proposals and submit recommendations to the Village Board with such proposals and recommend a zoning classification for such land upon annexation.
- Hear, consider and make recommendations to the Village Board on applications and petitions for all special use permits and variances.
- Hear, consider and make recommendations to the Village Board on revocation of special use permits, variances and planned unit developments.
- Review all reclassifications of zoning districts, special use permits, variances, and plats of subdivisions within our 1 ½ mile jurisdiction boundaries; as required by the Will County Land Use Department.