Citizen ONLINE Police Reporting


Any “in-progress” Call: If there is an incident in progress, call 9-1-1. Do not use online reporting. 

We accept online reports about the types of incidents listed below. An example of each incident type is included below to help you select the correct offense. Please click here to begin the filing process. You will be directed to the Front Line reporting program.

Identity Theft: Someone has fraudulently used your personal information.

Accidental Damage to Property: Your property was unintentionally damaged.

Theft Under $300: An object of yours was stolen, the value of the property is under $300, and there is no suspect information available.

Criminal Damage to Property Under $300: An object of yours was intentionally damaged, the value of the property is under $300, and there is no suspect information available.

Civil Matter: An incident occurred that is non-criminal in nature, but requires a police report for documentation.

Lost Property: An item of yours was lost and requires a police report for insurance or documentation purposes.

Nuisance Complaint: A non-criminal matter that reduces the quality of life.

Animal Complaint: A complaint regarding barking dogs, the number of dogs at a residence, or poor living conditions for animals.

Information for Police: A report containing non-criminal information that might be beneficial in the future.

We cannot accept reports for:

Crimes containing suspect information: Any incident where suspect information is known cannot be taken through our online reporting system. Visit the police department’s front desk or call (815) 423-5411 to have an officer dispatched to you.

Residential Burglary: A person enters a residence or an attached garage with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein.

Domestic Battery: A person commits domestic battery if he or she knowingly without legal justification by any means causes bodily harm or makes physical contact of an insulting or provoking nature with any family or household member.

Violation of an Order of Protection: Someone violated a court-issued Order of Protection.

Child Custody/Visitation Violation: Someone violated a court-issued visitation order.